hh.sePublications
Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Lägre intäkter från högre fjärrvärmepriser?: en kortfattad analys utifrån fjärrvärmens priselasticitet
Halmstad University, School of Business and Engineering (SET), Biological and Environmental Systems (BLESS), Energiteknik.ORCID iD: 0000-0001-9069-0807
2009 (Swedish)Report (Other academic)
Abstract [sv]

Fjärrvärmens långsiktiga priselasticitet i Sverige har skattats till -0,35 för tidsperioden 1970-2006. Innebörden av denna skattning är att ett fjärrvärmeföretag bara får behålla 65 % av en real prishöjning. Resterande 35 % av prishöjningen försvinner på lång sikt på grund av den energieffektivisering som kunderna initierar som en följd av prishöjningen. Fjärrvärmens priselasticitet förstärks om fjärrvärmesystemet även använder ett kraftvärmeverk i sin värmetillförsel. Då reduceras också elintäkterna när efterfrågan på värme minskar. I ett definierat referensfall med biobränsleeldad kraftvärme skattades den resulterande intäktselasticiteten till -0,51, dvs. nästan 50 % högre än den skattade priselasticiteten. Om avfall används i kraftvärmeverket blir förstärkningen betydligt lägre, då sådana kraftvärmeverk oftast har en lägre effektandel i fjärrvärmesystemen, lägre elproduktionskapacitet och en något lägre ersättning för producerad el. Några generella slutsatser från denna analys är att fjärrvärmeföretagen måste beakta fjärrvärmens priselasticitet i sin framtidsplanering och att de också måste fokusera mer kostnadseffektiviseringar än på intäktshöjningar som ett aktivt sätt att vårda de befintliga kraftvärmeunderlagen inför framtiden.

Abstract [en]

The long term price elasticity for district heating in Sweden has been estimated to -0,35 for the time period between 1970 and 2006. The implication of this estimation is that a Swedish district heating company can only keep 65 % of a real price increase. The remaining 35 % will disappear due to the energy efficiency measures initiated by the customers due to the price increase.In the total revenues, the price elasticity of district heating will be reinforced, if a combined heat and power plant is used in the heat supply. Then the revenues for generated electricity will also be reduced if the heat demand is reduced. In the defined reference case including a biomass combined heat and power plant, the final revenue elasticity became -0,51, almost 50% higher than the price elasticity estimated. If the combined heat and power is based on waste incineration, the reinforcement of the price elasticity is much lower. This result can be explained by the lower heat power share of combined heat and power in the district heating system, the low power-to-heat ratio and the somewhat lower remuneration for the electricity generated.One general conclusion from the analysis performed is that the Swedish district heating companies must consider the price elasticity of district heating in their long term planning. Another conclusion is that the companies must focus on cost reductions rather than price increases in order to preserve the current combined heat and power base for the future.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Stockholm: Svensk Fjärrvärme , 2009. , p. 26
Series
Fjärrsyn Rapport ; 2009:5
National Category
Engineering and Technology
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:hh:diva-6039ISBN: 978-91-7381-020-3 OAI: oai:DiVA.org:hh-6039DiVA, id: diva2:354058
Available from: 2010-09-29 Created: 2010-09-29 Last updated: 2014-03-05Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

No full text in DiVA

Authority records BETA

Werner, Sven

Search in DiVA

By author/editor
Werner, Sven
By organisation
Energiteknik
Engineering and Technology

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar

isbn
urn-nbn

Altmetric score

isbn
urn-nbn
Total: 177 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf